Thursday, May 7, 2009

Courage, Perseverence, Honor

I haven't posted in a week, so I thought I'd at least make a brief appearance. My mom and I were in Las Vegas for three days over the weekend to attend a tea expo for my brother (too far for him to attend from Indonesia). And yesterday my parents had to evacuate their home because of the latest fire raging in Santa Barbara, so now I'm distracted by keeping an eye on that situation from afar.

Anyway, this photo seemed appropriate to share. On Sunday evening, I shot some quick photos on our walk back to the Luxor. It was an absolutely beautiful evening, the end of a fun whirlwind trip with mom. This is the Statue of Liberty that stands on the corner of New York-New York. It reminds me of the courage and perseverence of our firefighters who go so willingly into battle to keep the rest of us safe from harm. So, in honor of all who are risking their lives right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts. I truly enjoy hearing from you!