Saturday, May 9, 2009

We're having babies!


Well, okay, we are not physically having babies. But the lizards in our yard certainly are! We had quite a gaggle of baby lizards running around last year and it appears this year will be similar. As I was leaving on my walk with the dogs yesterday afternoon, I spotted something on the slope in our front yard. Eggs! I had noticed the tell-tale dugout hollows lately, and this one got filled with seven eggs. We've never witnessed this before. This morning they had been carefully covered with the bark on the slope, so I'm glad I took a moment yesterday to run in and get my camera. Aren't they cute?! It may be hard to tell since I zoomed in, but they are about the size of a small piece of pea gravel. I can't wait to see the little guys running around again. Although we have to be careful, because they're not too bright about dogs, vehicle tires, and lawn mowers when they first appear.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's quite a find! I've never seen lizard eggs before.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts. I truly enjoy hearing from you!