I had a special surprise waiting in my inbox this afternoon. Gary Keimig, Wyoming artist and gentleman, has awarded me the Kreativ Blogger Award! I am so honored! Thank you! And yes, I am putting aside other tasks because acknowledging this and passing it along just cannot wait.
Here's what Kreativ Blogger Award recipients are supposed to do:
1. Copy the award to your site.
2. Link to the person from whom you received the award.
3. Nominate 7 other bloggers.
4. Link to those sites on your blog.
5. Leave a message on the blogs you nominate.
There's also something about listing 7 things about yourself, so I'll dispense with that first:
- I was born and raised in Santa Barbara, California.
- I also grew up in the Eastern Sierra Nevada, where my family owned Rock Creek Lodge. I spent every summer there until I was 21. The mountains and my experiences there shaped who I am.
- I majored in English at Lewis & Clark College in Portland, Oregon. (Yes, I love to read.)
- My husband is my soul mate. We like to say we share one brain. We're one of those couples who completes each other's sentences. Sickening, I know.
- We chose not to have children, but do have two rather spoiled dogs who think they're people.
- I (we) LOVE to travel. I get depressed when we come home from trips, even just day trips. Life "out there" is just so fascinating and exciting.
- The thing I am most grateful for these days (aside from all of the above) is this world I now inhabit online. I know there can be negatives - I think we have all complained about being tied to our computers - but I have met the most creative, inspiring, friendly, warm-hearted, REAL people here. You make my day everyday with the things you share on your blogs or in the comments you leave on mine. Thank you!
Suzanne Berry - LOVE her bugs and everything else she does - and certainly her friendship
Camilla at bloom - her photography frankly takes my breath away
Sarah at Bee House Hives - I came for the bees and stayed for the everyday beauty she shares
Kim at Bella Della Farm - she shares her most wonderful farm - and her charm
Diane at Sabino Canyon - her photos and stories about her desert home always educate and delight
Karen at Beelieve - she reminds me to be silly, free, feminine, and perhaps a bit wild
Akiko at Art by Akiko - her ability to capture animals on canvas is simply beyond words
Now, I must say that this is a very short list! There are so many more I wanted to include. But many have already received this award, so I wanted to share it with those who have not (as far as I could tell).
Ladies, thank you for the wonderful things you bring into my life through your blogs. You are truly Kreativ spirits.
(And please don't feel that you have to pass this along if that's not your "thing" - it is given without obligation.)